We have been using Apple Cider Vinegar for a long time and have finally found a UK supplier that we trust to provide the high quality we always look for at Hi Form Equine.
Why would you feed Apple Cider Vinegar:-
- Natural electrolyte
- Potassium works in harness with sodium to help regulate body fluid balance. Potassium is essential for thorough elimination of waste products via the kidneys. It regulates muscle tone and function, including the heart. Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural source.
- Boron is required for calcium and magnesium to be metabolised, hence its use with arthritic horses.
- Manganese is important for healthy functioning bone and cartilage, metabolism, PH balance and the nervous system.
- Enteroliths: stones that can form in the intestinal tract and are primarily made up of ammonium, magnesium and phosphate. They are a common recurrent of colic. The pH of the colon plays a role in the formation of enteroliths.
- The daily addition of Apple Cider Vinegar to the diet can assist in reduction of pH in the colon and work to acidify your horses stomach for better digestion. Apple Cider Vinegar is used as a natural preventative.
- It is believed by some professionals that it also assist as a natural fly repellent, in that the vinegar is excreted through the hair follicles,
- Our Cider Apple Vinegar is human grade, so we have containers in our kitchens and use it for ourselves too!
300kg – 45ml
500kg – 75ml
600+kg – 90ml
Apple cider vinegar should be diluted in water to dampen down mixed feeds.